5 Money Saving Tips for Movie Lovers!


  1.  Subscribe to a streaming service! 
Netflix is my bread and butter. When I’m not busy, you can bet your two front teeth that I am watching Netflix. I am aware that the price per month goes up every once and awhile, but in my opinion it’s worth it. As of February of 2018, Netflix had over 4,000 movies and over 1500 TV shows. 
  1. Take advantage of matinees!
At my local theater, every Tuesday the movie tickets are only $5, as opposed to the standard $11 ticket prices every other day of the week. I strongly advise that if you are planning on going to a movie theater to eat before hand, since the prices of snacks and drinks are heinous. Or, if you’re feeling a bit scandalous, you can attempt to sneak in snacks inside of your jacket or purse if your theater does not allow outside food. 

  1. Use RedBox!
My family loves Redbox! They have lots of brand new movies that just came out on DVD for only $1.75 per night! As opposed to going to a video store (if you can even find one) and spending lots of time looking for a movie, Redbox makes it easy. You can even search for the specific movie you are looking for or flip through random movies on the screen. I typically see them outside of gas stations and inside the entrances to Walmart. This is an inexpensive, hassle-free way to rent a movie. 
  1. Wait for the movie to come out on DVD
I am aware that there are some movies that just have to be seen in the theaters (which is why I recommend matinees). But, if there is a movie that you are pretty sure you want to see and you decide you can wait a few months, then I strongly recommend being patient. 

  1. Try Youtube!
I used this trick so many times when I was younger. It doesn't work with most newer movies I’ve learned, but I found lots of older movies available for free on youtube. It can be a bit tricky and you need to have patience because here’s the kicker: you have to search “(your movie title) PART 1” and then continue for part 3,4,5, etc. I would say to resort to Youtube as a last resort, which is why it is my last tip. 


I hope these tips help you out at some point!


https://brand.netflix.com/en/assets/
https://sn56.scholastic.com/issues/2018-19/030419/debate-is-it-ok-to-sneak-snacks-into-the-movies.html
https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/27/redbox-lands-deal-with-warner-to-rent-dvds-on-the-same-day-they-go-on-sale-in-physical-stores/
https://9to5google.com/2019/08/13/youtube-big-homepage/

Comments

Popular Posts